Sunday, October 5, 2008





Well Here is the start of my blog around my first house!! I signed on the house on 9/29 and I have already made a mess. The Living room had carpet on top of sub floor on top of regular wood. They obviously had pets because the sub floor was stained and was swollen from the stain. There was also wallpaper on the bottom half of the wall. So between my mother my dad and my self we ripped up the carpet the floor and took off all of the wallpaper. What a mess but now ots time to paint.
The ktichen is the best room in the house. My mother helped to get it all cleaned up and it looks good. The bath and the untiley/laundry room are not in bad shape. Just need cleaned.
The dining room is another story, there is wallpaper on top of what appears to be wallpaper. But I don't think I will really mess with it much. And this is just the downstairs. The upsatirs is another post. My goal is to be moved in by The first part of November, but I have a lot of work ahead of me.

1 comment:

TripleLLL said...

Wow. I can certainly relate to this. I bought a house in May, and the work and costs are unbelievable. I should have known better, and do, because I sell real estate. I don't regret it, but I'm always amazed by the price of things. I just got my chimney relined (it had to be stainless steel) and it cost $1300.00 for a chimney for a one-floor, ranch house.

Hope you check out my blog, too.

www.missinformationnews.blogspot.com